We’re looking for talented Full Stack Web Developers to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a skilled software developer to work across an enviable list of clients and projects few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- Cardiff, UK or Remote up to 100%
- 7 April 2021
- Start date
The position requires a strong software engineering background and commercial experience building or adding to production enterprise website and web services. An accomplished problem solver, you are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and have to a highly developed ability to design multi-platform solutions. You love creating well-designed maintainable code, while helping clients form their ideas from concept to published product.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for positive attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Designing and writing well architected, well tested, robust and maintainable software
- Developing and maintaining fast, secure, self-documenting Web APIs
- Developing and maintaining Angular 2+ Single-Page-Applications
- Developing and maintaining ASP.Net Core MVC websites
- Solving complex ideas through simple designs
- Translating requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features, taking user stories from idea to implementation
- Providing resource estimates on development cycles and assisting in prioritisation of user stories / tasks
- Working alongside UX/UI Designers and other developers to build delightful and enduring products and experiences
- Implementing changes in development, test and production environments and ensuring we launch stable updates
- Contributing ideas to the continual development of new products
- A character and attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration
- 4+ years of commercial experience as a web developer
- Strong aptitude for implementing SOLID principles and a strong passion for user centric software development
- Microsoft technologies: C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC, Microsoft Azure
- Relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server, relational database analysis and design; T-SQL
- HTML/CSS skills
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP2, WSS protocols)
- Understanding of cryptography as applied to web application security (encryption, hashing, PKI management)
- Working with shared version control and source code management tools
- Good interaction and design sensibility
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback
- Working with an agile development environment having had exposure to Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, Sprints, User Stories, etc
- Ability to communicate is a thoughtful and considered manner
- Experience creating mobile web applications
- Experience working with Continuous integration (CI)
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery (CD) - Azure DevOps/Octopus Deploy
- Azure resource administration
- Experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Solid knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security
- Familiarity with security tools such as static analysis, runtime analysis, black-box testing
- Experience with Azure Cosmos Db, Storage and KeyVault
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with a Message Bus
- Experience of SpecFlow/Gherkin testing
- Experience working on software projects as part of a small team, sometimes working on your own
- Ability to understand logical concepts, and to be able to describe them to others clearly
- Ability to methodically work on multiple, sometimes similar tasks at once
- An agile attitude to working, where your focus may regularly change to meet new requirements
- An expectation to grow with the company, learning from your colleagues
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Remote working option; 0-100%
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Hack days
- Games nights
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
- Great coffee, tea, soft drinks & snacks!
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.
Apply for this position
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us links to sites or projects you've worked on (or GitHub, etc) along with a CV to email@example.com