We're looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a champion of human-centred design to work across an enviable list of clients and projects few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- £24-£28k (based on experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- 25th October 2018
- Start date
Working closely with Designers, Developers and Project Managers on a day to day basis, the position requires a natural problem solver who can define and untangle UX challenges: transforming complex or unstructured scenarios into simple solutions.
Analytical as well as highly creative you can demonstrate and execute smart and original ideas with simple, yet delightful UI design that work across a wide range of platforms and devices.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for positive attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Be a part of our expert human-centred design team.
- Own the UX/UI design life cycle from concept to execution, whilst understanding and interpreting customer needs and behaviours.
- Analyse project specifications to define user requirements and functionality.
- Conduct collaborative whiteboard sessions to capture early ideas and concepts.
- Translate high-level design concepts into testable low-fidelity artefacts.
- Identify appropriate UX research, analysis and testing activities.
- Communicate your design ideas in the form of user journeys, wireframes, storyboards and mockups.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and monitor UX testing.
- Design and prepare production-level assets for multiple platforms.
- Create user stories and testing criteria for the build team to develop against.
- Act as the user-advocate and ensure everything looks, feels and works as intended.
- Communicate with clients, empathising with their commercial and brand needs.
- A character and attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in UX/UI design or related field.
- 2+ years commercial experience delivering digital apps (preferably for mobile).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual and interaction design skills.
- Mastery of the Adobe CC suite, in particular Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Comfortable with delivering interactive prototypes using InVision or similar tools.
- Experience conducting and measuring the results of user testing.
- Deep understanding of human-centred design and mobile UX patterns.
- Remain up-to-date with native design guidelines, such as for iOS and Android.
- Ability to present innovative ideas clearly and persuasively.
- You are detail oriented, motivated and a natural problem solver.
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback.
- A willingness to learn new software and skills to personally grow and expand the team skill set.
- Some Adobe After Effects or similar motion design experience is a plus, but not required.
- Familiar working within an agile development environment.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Confidence when using Vector based UX tools such as sketch, or similar software, to create custom symbol libraries for consistent, reusable UI layouts.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Hack days.
- Games nights.
- Flexible working hours.
- Spacious studio environment.
- Accrue additional holiday.
- Great coffee, tea, soft drinks & snacks.
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.
Apply to join the team
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us a link to your portfolio (or Behance / Dribbble profile) along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reaching out with follow-up questions and interview invites (at our studio, via telephone, via skype) over the next few weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!