We're looking for talented Mid-Weight UI/UX Designers to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a champion of human-centred design to work across an enviable list of partners and projects few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- £30-40k (based on experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- Start date
The position requires a natural problem solver who can define and untangle UX challenges, transforming complex or unstructured scenarios into simple, beautiful solutions. We welcome a natural curiosity to emerging technologies and an eagerness to find the most effective solution to user needs through research, wireframing and prototyping, giving you the opportunity to deliver new ideas to real world applications.
Every project presents an entirely different challenge, but regardless of the size we place the same level of importance on UX and UI, so a passion in this area alongside a solid grounding in design principles is critical.
We hire for positive attitude, true team players that are eager to collaborate and can confidently share ideas. Working closely with Designers, Developers and Project Managers on a day to day basis we foster a supportive environment looking for ambitious individuals eager to grow and learn from the team around them.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a high-calibre of visual and interaction design skills.
- 3+ years in a professional design environment delivering digital apps (preferably for mobile)
- A lover of all things Figma, and confidence within the Creative Cloud suite
- The ability to create and maintain design systems, style guides and documentation
- Experience mapping user journeys, creating wireframes and building prototypes
- A keen eye for detail (This is a must!)
- A great communicator, who has the ability to present innovative ideas clearly and confidently to the internal team and external partners
- A self starter who is detail oriented, motivated and able to manage their time and tasks effectively
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback
- A passion and proficiency for motion design
- Familiar working in an agile environment
- A high level understanding of the technical side of product design
- An interest in social media, sharing updates and enhancing the Rantmedia brand
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Hack days
- Games nights
- Flexible working hours
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
Apply to join the team
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us a link to your portfolio including recent work that you’re proud of, along with your CV and a little bit about yourself to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!