We’re looking for talented native iOS Developers to join our award winning mobile team at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a skilled software developer to work across an enviable list of clients and projects few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- Competitive (based on level of experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- 20th July 2018
- Start date
The position requires a strong software engineering background and commercial experience building or adding to published, native mobile applications. An accomplished problem solver, you are able to communicate complex concepts clearly. You love creating well-designed maintainable code, and helping form ideas from concept to published product.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for positive attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Designing and writing well architected, robust and maintainable software
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features
- Provide resource estimates on development cycles
- Solve complex ideas through simple designs
- Work alongside UX/UI Designers and other developers to build delightful products and experiences
- Proactively oversee release cycles to ensure we launch stable updates
- A character and positive attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of commercial experience as a native iOS developer
- Demonstrate your work on the App Store
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for user centric software development
- Good working knowledge of Swift
- Work with shared version control and source code management tools (we use Git)
- Strong interaction and design sensibility
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback
- Working within an agile development environment
- Experience with App Store approval & distribution processes.
- Experience working with Continuous integration (CI) (We use Xcode Server, Jenkins, Fastlane etc)
- Good working knowledge of Objective-C
- Knowledge of design patterns
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Hack days
- Games nights
- Flexible working hours
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
- Great coffee, tea, soft drinks & snacks!
Our studio is home to a tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.
Apply to join the team
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us links to apps you've worked on (or GitHub link, etc) along with a CV to email@example.com
We will be reaching out with follow-up questions and interview invites (at our studio, via telephone, via skype) over the next few weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!