We’re looking for talented Mobile Developers to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a skilled software developer to work across an enviable list of clients and projects, with a myriad of native mobile platforms and smart enabled technologies few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- Competitive (based on level of experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- 6th Jan 2017.
- Start date
The position requires a strong software engineering background and commercial experience building or adding to published, native mobile applications or games. An accomplished problem solver, you are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and understand the advantages of Native vs Hybrid, and vice-versa. You love creating well-designed maintainable code, while helping clients form their ideas from concept to published product.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Designing and writing well architected, robust and maintainable software.
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features.
- Provide resource estimates on development cycles.
- Solve complex ideas through simple designs.
- Work alongside UX/UI Designers and other developers to build delightful products and experiences.
- Proactively oversee the release cycles for iOS and Android to ensure we launch stable updates.
- A character and attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of commercial experience as a developer (preferably for mobile).
- Demonstrate your work on either an approved App Store and/or Google Play store app.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for user centric software development.
- Working knowledge of Objective-C, Xcode, Swift and/or Java.
- Work with shared version control and source code management tools.
- Strong interaction and design sensibility.
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, team-player.
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback.
- Working with an agile development environment.
- Some Unity game engine experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Apple App Store and/or Google Play approval & distribution process'.
- Experience working with Continuous integration (CI)
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
- Tea, Coffee & Doughnuts!
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.
Apply for this position
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us links to approved apps you've worked on (or GitHub page, etc) along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reaching out with follow-up questions and interview invites (at our office, via telephone, via skype) over the next few weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!